CHECK OUT THESE SIDETRIPS!

Monday, April 8, 2013

MATTHEW'S BURGER CAFE: Burgers from around the world

I've always dreamed of traveling abroad. However due to financial limit this will stay as a dream for awhile ^_^. Good thing Matthew's Burger Cafe will let me experience other countries even if only through their burgers. Hehe.







Me and two of my friends who haven't had a bonding time in years decided to have a brief interlude in Matthew's Burger Cafe. As we enter, I can see that the cafe aims for a fine dining experience. It was cozy, has a subtle lighting, and this mural on the wall with the cafe's logo (with the text around the world burgers) was pleasing to the eyes.







Because I had a snack earlier and because I was curious, I decided to try their burger. I asked the cashier what were the key ingredients in their Mexican, Indian, and Oriental burgers, but she explained to me in a not-so interested manner so I ended up ordering the American burger (safe choice and because I don't want to have an argument).



American Burger



Though tasty, their American burger still tastes like other burgers in town. But their buns were different, it was soft. The burger came in a large serving, so 2 persons can share this (not if you have a BIG appetite). Maybe next time I'll order the other burgers in the menu.




Potato Wedges with dip




My friend who had tasted Matthew's potato wedges before couldn't stop raving about it, so she ordered it again. No wonder why she loved it so much, because it was tasty indeed and cooked to perfection (for me). Not soggy, not burned to a crisp, and the dip was subtly delicious! I'm not a great fan of potatoes (except french fries), but eventually I also got hooked in these potato wedges! Definitely a must-eat again ^_^.





Italian Pasta with Ratatouille



She also ordered the Italian pasta with ratatouille. When it arrived we were curious about the green vegetables (but we didn't asked what was it). It also came with a big burger patty, as all their pasta does. And when I tasted it, it was delicious! I don't know what a ratatouille is (all I know about it is the movie Ratatouille) but still it was just great. (Wikipedia said that ratatouille is a traditional French Provencal stewed vegetable dish, with tomatoes as key ingredient together and may be mixed with zucchini, eggplants, and spices. So I think those green veggies were zucchini. ^_^).




Filipino Spaghetti



One of my friend said earlier that he will be late so we asked him what to order for him. He said spaghetti with meatballs. So I scanned the menu and there was none! Hmmmm. So we just ordered the Filipino spaghetti for him, as all the pasta as I've said earlier were served with burger patties. I didn't get to taste this because as my friend arrived he gobbled it up and because I was already full ^_^.




Matthew's Burger Cafe Menu


All in all, Matthew's Burger Cafe was a good experience, and since we were the only persons that night (we came in at 8PM and they have to close by 9PM. hehe) we get to talk and laugh as loud as we can. Maybe in another time I can get to try their frappes and smoothies, also their coffee which have unique names.




Matthew's Burger Cafe at night



Matthew's Burger Cafe also serves All Day Meals, which is their version of combo meals, for as low as Php 65.





MATTHEW'S BURGER CAFE
CISCHO Bldg, Brgy. Mabolo Delgado St.,
Iloilo City
(near Ybiernas St., at the back of UPV-Iloilo City Campus)
Tel: 336-9338
Open from 9AM to 9PM
Visit Matthew's Burger Cafe on Facebook for more info.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...