CHECK OUT THESE SIDETRIPS!

Saturday, April 6, 2013

MOYEORA KOREAN RESTAURANT: Let's Enjoy Korean Food!

I've never joined the bandwagon when Korean fad started, because I was hooked with Taiwanese drama (who doesn't remember F4 and Meteor Garden?!). Although there are some Korean dramas that I've watched and enjoyed, still I thought it was overrated. And I think we are being invaded by Koreans!

But one day my sister showed me some pictures of their eat-out in a Korean restaurant in Manila, and I couldn't help but salivate @_@. I saw the Kiyomi craze in Showtime, and actually a friend has mentioned in the past that Korean food is actually good, so I decided to try Korean with friends in Moyeora Korean Restaurant ^_^.




Moyeora Korean Restaurant




Tucked away in the less-traveled street of Commission Civil in Jaro is this awesome Korean restaurant. Although the place shows times of use it still has a pleasant setting, and under new management. We let my friend, who's more knowledgeable on Korean food, order. But I really insisted on the barbecue where you grill it in front of you (my exact words), only to find out its called samgyupsal.




who' s cooking samgyupsal?


Samgyupsal (samgyeopsal) are thick, fatty slices of pork belly similar to uncured belly (that's why I could relate it to bacon due to its saltiness and flavor. hmmmm), usually neither marinated or seasoned and is grilled at the table and is dipped into a spicy pepper taste.
from wikipedia 

Samgyupsal, Php 400 for two servings

And we ate it the traditional way, as in placing the pork slices with the chili sauce on a lettuce. Again, it was another kind of flavor for me, but yes it was good.




Bulgogi, Php 300

My friend also ordered pork bulgogi, which is grilled marinated pork, and it was spicy. Yum! But my friend rated it 9/10, said that it would taste so much better if it's spicier (sorry, but I told the waitress to have the spiciness at a medium level. Hehe). I couldn't stop eating it, especially the sauce! 




Kimbap, Php 150



We also tried Moyoera's kimbap, Korean's version of sushi. Kimbap (Gimbap) is made from steamed rice and various ingredients and rolled in gim (nori in Japanese). Kimbap uses sesame oil, so that's why there were sesame seeds sprinkled on it. And I thought it was a little bland. Hehe.




Side dishes, free | photo taken by my friend L :)


Oh, and before our orders came we were served with several unlimited side dishes of kimchi, spiced anchovies (my fave), breaded luncheon meat, seasoned eggplant (another fave), and this one that tastes like scrambled eggs.




fish given by the owner!


The owner was present at the time we ate at Moyeora and he kept on looking at our table, telling the waitress to give us more side dishes when the first batch was all eaten up. And he even gave us fried fish and orange! Talk about five-star attentiveness! Definitely I will be back in his restaurant :).




Moyeora's best


So if you want a quiet Korean restaurant with a homey feel, attentive and very accommodating owner and staff, and especially good Korean food then Moyeora Korean Restaurant is the place! As for me, I can't wait to be back here and experience Korean food again ^_^.









MOYEORA KOREAN RESTAURANT
29 Commission Civil St., 
Jaro, Iloilo City
(near Ledesco Village entrance, beside Chill Out Cafe)
Open from 11am-10pm Monday-Saturday


HOW TO GET THERE
Easiest route will be to get off at Mercury Drug or Rose Pharmacy in front of Don Benito Hospital (WVSU-MC), which is the Javellana street. Ride a trisikad (parked between the two drugstore) and tell the driver to drop you off at the other side of Javellana street. Moyeora will be on your left side, beside Chill Out Cafe.




maps.google.com




2 comments:

  1. Hi, love this post. Do you have a list of the entire menu? Do they also sell tteokbokki? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi... i wonder if you do dishes which includes "birds nest"?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...