CHECK OUT THESE SIDETRIPS!

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

INDULGE in DULGIES

After the much-needed shopping in SM Delgado (yes, much needed but it hurt my purse >_<) I went to Dulgies, a cafe and desserts shop that sells homemade baked goodies, with a friend to do some catching up and also to fill the hungry belly :)






The classy facade, especially the candy pink signage of Dulgies just made my mouth water even more. So upon entering and finding myself inside a classy interior, I made a beeline towards their famous cakes on display. And yes, once again, I was like let loose in a candy shop. Heheh.





What caught my eye among their cake display was the chocolate cake named Heaven's Cake. Hmmmmm. Heaven means only pure bliss so naturally I ordered a slice of it.


Heaven's Cake, Php 75


I was so excited to have a taste of heaven, but it was disappointing. Although the cake is moist the icing and the filling were lacking in flavor. Sorry, but I haven't got a chance to enter heaven with this. Maybe next time I'll try the Red Velvet Cake.




The other pretty thing that caught my eyes were the delectable display of cupcakes. I thought these look more mouth-watering than the cakes. So I ordered the Dulce de Leche.


Dulce de Leche, around Php40-50 I think


These were fabulous! The vanilla cupcake was yummy and moist, and a surprise filling inside awaits the sweet tooth. Although in the end I find it a bit too sweet :)




Iced Latte, Php85


And what's desserts without an Iced Latte? (I mentioned that I'm not a coffee-lover, but I do like iced coffee blends as it masks the strong coffee taste.) Good thing it has lots of ice because the coffee was very strong. And good thing I had the cupcake because it masked the strong coffee flavor ^_^.

I thing I also liked about this day was the easy chair that was oh-so comfortable that you just want to sit and laze all day in it with a book in hand or just do people watching. (It's at the table at the right side when you enter the cafe). I wish I could brought it home!


DULGIES MENU






DULGIES DESSERTS AND CAFE by Mae Pido
La Salette Bldg., Valeria St.,
Iloilo City
(beside SM Delgado)
Tel. No: (033) 338-3701
Open Mon-Sun
They also cater parties and weddings
For more info visit their Facebook page here.



1 comment:

  1. Dulgies is awesome! The place is great. I will go there again tomorrow. I missed their tres leches. I hope to try also their red velvet cake. I got to try their cookies and cream cupcake. It's delicious. :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...