CHECK OUT THESE SIDETRIPS!

Monday, August 31, 2015

FOODTRIPPIN: Birthmonth Celebration

I've been busy lately with work, but not busy enough to celebrate my birthday for one whole month! It took a lot of planning to meet everybody's schedule, but it was worth it. The bond and love, and of course, good food just made it extra special. Below are glimpses of where we had been for the past month. Some places may be old, most are new. Hope you could get some ideas for your next food destination! (You may check out Everything Iloilo's Facebook page here because I regularly post photos or updates there. Thank You!)


Paella Negra


First stop is at Ole Spanish Tapas and Bar, which I have blogged about four months ago. I could never get enough of Paella and this place, and this time we get to taste their Paella Negra. Also a must-try is their Nachos. Click here to read more about this place, which is located at the 3rd Floor of Robinson's Place Iloilo.



Buffalo Wings at Dong Juan



Dong Juan at Plazuela de Iloilo (beside Henry's Wine) is an Asian fusion restaurant popular in Cebu. They offer burgers, pasta, pizza and more at an affordable price. Their herbed iced tea is unique, I like their Gambas Al Ajillo pasta, and sizzling pork chop.






Campfire Smores at Biscocho Haus


For dessert, I dragged my parents to Original Biscocho Haus at Atria so that we can have a taste of their Campfire Smores. The chocolate underneath was not too sweet (I think they used dark chocolate) so it balanced the sweetness of the mallows. It was a messy fun experience.  My mother ordered cheesecake, while my father ordered their ice cream which was good (I forgot the name. heheh). For their Blondies, sad to say it was nothing special because the cookie was not too great. But I really want to try their Ube Piaya Ice Cream Sandwich and other treats. Be back soon!

Visit their official Facebook page here.



Chicken Inasal at Aida's Chicken Manokan



No, we have not been to Bacolod recently because Bacolod's best Manokan is now in Iloilo City! Yup, Aida's Chicken Manokan has started grilling their juicy and delicious chicken inasal two months ago and it is located at Paseo de Arcangeles, Diversion Road (beside SM City Iloilo). One could never miss the red signage of the Manokan, and the place is beside Langford's Place.

For orders you may call their  landline at 393-2212 and you may visit their Facebook page here.




Wawa Heritage Restaurant


If you want traditional Ilonggo food and get a glimpse of Ilonggo history and cuisine, you'll be much at home in Wawa Heritage Restaurant, Iloilo's first heritage restaurant. As we were discussing about food one friend mentioned that back in the days when they were dining at her Lolo's house, "sawsawan" or sauces/dips is always present beside every food. I think in the old days they don't believe in putting too much salt or having MSG in their food. Hmmm.. Maybe that's why I can't live without "sinamak" or even just plain soy sauce or ketchup when I'm eating for I'm true-blooded Ilonggo!

The place is romantic at night and you think you're in a traditional old Ilonggo house because of its wide open windows. I suddenly missed the days when Iloilo was simpler, where houses were much like bahay kubo.

Try their Cashew Ice Cream. It was great!



Visit Wawa Heritage Restaurant at E. Lopez St., Jaro, Iloilo City beside Nissan Jaro.
Visit their Facebook page here or text them at 0912-4564541.




Thank you to everyone, my family, friends old and new, friends near and far, and to colleagues who celebrated with me and greeted me on my special day. Best of all thank you Lord for letting me live and giving me much wisdom. Why all the fuss? Because I'm now 30 and life begins at this time! It's much better to dwell on the good memories and things than be affected by those mundane ones. Live your life to the fullest, because I will!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...