CHECK OUT THESE SIDETRIPS!

Sunday, April 5, 2015

FOODTRIPPIN: OLÈ Spanish Tapas Bar and Restaurant

A good friend invited us to try out the new restaurant he saw at Robinson's Mall named Spanish Tapas Bar. We immediately said yes because it was that time when you just have to meet, to talk about your lives just to let the stress out, and because we got all curious and wanted to try some new dishes. Then came Easter Sunday, which gave us the time and reason for such gathering.




Thank goodness we arrived around 1pm because it seemed that the place was full during lunchtime. The smell from.the kitchen was already making my mouth water, and when we looked at the menu it made my stomach growl further that I can't wait to eat. Everything looks delicious!  We let our friend order for us because he seemed to have some idea about Spanish cooking (and because I think he meant to treat us. Haha). 

Oopps! The couple in the corner seemed to be in deep thought on what to order... hehe

Looking around I noticed that the full name of the restaurant was Olè Spanish Tapas Bar and Restaurant. And I have seen that kind of logo somewhere. And the it hit me. I have seen it in Boracay. And true enough there was a collage at the ceiling and the name Boracay was there. It seems that this is a branch of Olè Boracay. 

Complimentary nachos while waiting

Unfortunately some of the meats, like the chorizo, were not available. So maybe it was a sign that we have to go back here. Anyways, we forgot about the unavailability of some ingredients as our food arrived. They all look and smell delicious! We were not disappointed because all were indeed delicious. My friend even considered the paella as one of the best tasting paella he had!


The Paella

There are several kinds of paella to choose from. Unfortunately I haven't been able to get a picture of their menu. Bummer. But the prices were reasonable enough, and little cheaper compared to their Boracay prices. And I wish they have more selection of their alcoholic drinks. Hehehe

Mexican Platter

Everything was delicious and had generous serving that it made us full and satisfied, enough that made us want to go back for more. No kidding!





The restaurant is located at the 3rd floor of Robinson's Mall, beside the DFA. Not many people gets up there so I guess their way of attracting more customers is through word of mouth. So why not try it out and maybe you too will not think twice and be back there several times. I know I will, and will definitely visit them in Boracay whenever I'm in the island.


Olè Spanish Tapas Bar and Restaurant
3rd Floor Robinson's Mall
Ledesma St., Iloilo City

For more info visit their Facebook Page here.
Tel. No. (033) 300 1362







1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...