CHECK OUT THESE SIDETRIPS!

Monday, October 21, 2013

(This is a long-forgotten post ^_^)
It's Labor Day and I found myself thinking of eating at Chico Shade in Sta. Barbara after I've seen pictures of it online. Besides it's just less than a minute away from home so I made my way to it for lunch.





Located in Brgy. Cabugao Sur, Sta. Barbara beside the National Hi-way, Chico Shade from the outside looks native and modern at the same time. Yes, I can walk to it from my house, but believe it or not it's my first time in this place after it started operation more than three years ago! Back then they have advertised heavily about buko and I'm not really a fan of it.




But after reading thefoodieschoice post and looked into some pictures, I got curious. Little did I know that they have unique desserts aside from buko. And because it's the specialty of the house and so many has raved about it, I ordered the Chicken Binakol sa Buko. It was served in a buko and good for two persons. It was good and it has strips of coconut, but I didn't very much liked the chicken though (i really don't like chicken other than when it's fried or grilled).





I've also ordered the Kulabo, or buko juice with milk and some shreds of buko meat. Kulabo or mangulabo is a popular pasttime in the rural areas, especially when it's vacation time. It's the term for picking buko, gathering its juice and mixed with milk and lots of ice. The meat is also eaten and dipped in red sugar for taste. I like drinking buko juice this way, and I like their mix because it was loaded with milk! And it was served in a tall glass which can also be shared by two persons.





What really made me decide to eat here was the unique desserts they serve. Above is the Icy Blue. It's similar to halo-halo, but its crushed ice is mixed with flavored syrup. As thefoodieschoice posted, it's a version of Malaysia's Ice Ice Kacang (Ais Kacang). The syrup was too sweet for me, and I like halo-halo better.


What shocked me though was the price of rice. It was Php30! The staff said it was good for two persons and they don't have a serving for one person. Yes it was truly for two persons, but still it was pricey.




CHICO SHADE MENU





Other items to try out (as they say) is the Trio Halo-Halo and Sago't Gulaman. Next time ulit. ^_^




HOW TO GET THERE
If from Iloilo City and you're commuting, take the Sta. Barbara-bound jeepney (best to ride in Super), or the Pavia Lapaz-bound jeepney (drop off at terminal in Christ the King Jaro and ride a Sta. Barbara-bound jeepney again). The Chico Shade is just meters away from the Pavia boundary, or when you notice the Cabugao Seafood Haus you know you're nearing the place. It's in front of the Pasajero Sosyal building (I'm not sure if it's still Pasajero Sosyal).

If from the Iloilo International Airport, just ride any Iloilo City-bound jeepney and look out for the signage on your right. It's meters away after the ILECO office.


CHICO SHADE
Brgy. Cabugao Sur
Sta. Barbara, Iloilo
(Along National Hi-way)
Tel. No: 523-4012 (delivery within the area)
Open daily from 9am-7pm
Facebook here.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...