CHECK OUT THESE SIDETRIPS!

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

SOUTH PARK GRILL, Guimbal Iloilo

South Park Grill

I am familiar with the name South Park Grill because we used to frequent the southern part of Iloilo (for its beaches and some business) and can see the restaurant as the jeepney zooms by. But since it has opened some years ago I never did got a chance to experience it. And so this day came.








Between my church visit in Guimbal and Tigbauan (click here to read about my church visit), I decided to have lunch at South Park Grill in Guimbal because I was not able to find The Hilltop in Miag-ao. From Guimbal Church, I hailed a tricycle to drive me to the place, which was ten minutes away, and paid Php 10. (One could take a jeepney, but frequency is far and few so a tricycle is a good choice). When I arrived, a number of families have already started their meal, and a handful are still trickling in.






What I immediately noticed aside from the beautiful colored glass, the curtained windows overlooking the blue waters, and the surely Filipino feel of the place, were the very accommodating staff. Ever since I have moved back in Iloilo, I could not stop comparing the suplada/suplado way of handling customers by some staff in restaurants here in Iloilo that I've recently been to, to those brusque business-like way in Manila (the latter I prefer). And thankfully, South Park Grill staff were different.






And so because it was me, myself, and I, I ordered their Grilled Pork Liempo Combo Meal that comes with atsara (or pickled unripe papaya, a usual partner in grilled foods). It was nothing special, maybe their individual servings has more things to rave about. 




Grilled Pork Liempo Meal @ P95

But what I loved about was the clean presentation (actually there are banners hanging inside the restaurant, saying that the restaurant has been a hall of fame awardee for a number of times for being a healthy eating place, provincial category, given by the Department of Health). And judging by the looks of it, South Park Grill is well-maintained despite its nearness to the Hi-way, no dust films, and their utensils were like brand new.







Summer Cooler, Php 50



And because it was a hot day, Summer Cooler in the drinks section caught my attention. And there was a thumbs-up beside it, so it was a bestseller. I asked the waitress who took my order what it contains and said it is a mix of orange and calamansi juice with apple bits. So, syempre, I ordered it. When it arrived I thought it could use some more ice cubes because it was not the coolest drinks I had that day. But because my stomach wasn't doing alright, I just let it be.



Specialty of the house


All in all I paid Php145 for my meal, and my dining experience was a pleasant one in South Park Grill. With a rustic ambiance, great view of the beach, and good food, plus the accommodating staff,nothing could go wrong.




Guimbal waters


HOW TO GET THERE
South Park Grill is located in Nanga, Guimbal Iloilo right side of the road. From Iloilo City, ride a Guimbal, Miag-ao, or Sn Joaquin bound jeepneys, and it is before Racso's Wildlife Resort and Bantayan Beach Resort. You will never miss it because it is beside the road. Fare up to Guimbal is, I think, Php30.


SOUTH PARK GRILL
Brgy. Nanga
Guimbal, Iloilo
Tel: (+6333) 315-5529
Open from 10am-930pm

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. I was once working at South Park Grill and as one of their staff it wasn't just for the awards that they are maintaining the cleanliness. I have nothing to compare with its meticulously maintained dirt- free environment. They deserve more than those awards. More and more of Blessings South Park Grill!!!.. Btw, u missed to visit the rest room??..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Cleanliness always adds plus points to any establishment because it only shows that the food they serve is also clean :) I was so amazed in South Park because despite that they're located beside the road I couldn't find any dust :) I've visited the rest room but only used the lavatory outside it. From the looks of it, it was also well-maintained.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...